Saturday, March 1, 2008

Well what better time to update my blog than while listening to and watching ironmanlive!! So for those not in the know, the first weekend of March is Ironman weekend in NZ so that means it is just a year away, that's a lot closer than it was in November when I decided to start this journey! Tis all good, I am fully inspired now, am waiting up to watch Ginni finish and then it will be off to bed to try and get some sleep cos I have a race in the morning. Tomorrow's race is the North Canterbury Women's Tri and it better stop raining or I really don't think I wanna do it! Yeah I know I should just take some hard pills and get out and race in the rain but I ran for 80mins in the rain this morning and it was ok but not something you want to do everyday. Anyway I guess I will be there and will race no matter what the weather is doing, the poor Wilier tho she will look rather disgusting after going out in that nasty weather!
Its been a fun week training this week. Headed up the Capt. Thomas walkway again on Tues evening, had a really good run, managed to run a lot more of the uphills than I have previously so that was cool and I literally flew along the downhills which was heaps of fun!! Back to spin on Wednesday evening, funny I never used to like spin classes and I have really missed going to spin so am pleased its kicked off again! It was stinking hot on Weds so the shot runs outside were a blessing in disguise. Thursday seems to have become my day to bus to work and run home which I am really enjoying so that's cool and something different to do, it makes me practice running with my camel back which is good cos I need to use that for my longer runs. Might look at getting a fuel belt at some stage as well. Ran for what seemed like miles and miles today, I ran all along the river and estuary and got as far as Bridge St so was pretty impressed with that esp as I really didn't want to get out there to start with, but had heaps of fun once I got into it!
And yay my new speedo arrived for my bike! It is very flash, now I just need to find out how much I owe the bike shop...... hmmmm never a cheap experience but always a good one :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey chickie, well done on all your training, and getting into size 10 clothes...wohoo awesome stuff.

How do I get the ironman countdown on my blog...I can't get it to work wah wah :(

wilier gurl said...

hmmm tried to post the html script for you to copy and paste but it won't let me. I take it you have gone to this link: http://www.clocklink.com/blog.php

Do you know what is happening with it? Let me know and I will see if I can help some! :)