Wednesday, October 1, 2008

That was kinda fun!

OK, I may have a sad idea of fun! I had spin class tonight followed by an hour run. Strangely enough this was actually my own idea?? Really it was. I talked to Richard a few weeks ago about how Wednesdays are days where I could do more training but don't really because we have spin class so I suggested leaving my bike at spin while he takes the next class and heading out for an hour run. It's nice and close to the hills and there are plenty of options for places to run, plus its kinda close to where the marathon runs start so I know where all the fun wee tracks and steps are. Tonight was the first night I did this and one of the other guys from spin decided to join me, we run at about the same pace so that worked out really well and we had a bit of a chat while we ran along. It's nice to have company on runs from time to time and I probably pushed myself a bit more than if I had run alone so thats good as well. We headed up Bengal Dr, down Hackthorne, up Valley Rd and those steps, down Dyers, we realised then that we were tracking well for time so we took a loop up Merlewood because its evil and its there, then headed down Barrington, Rose St back to Pioneer. We were still a little early so lapped around the field and still arrived back before the class was over so headed off to check out the paths around Pioneer before heading back in to tick away on our bikes while the next class finished so that we could stretch with them. So, pretty full on workout cos spin is never an easy event so to back that up with a hill run makes for a big evening!
Quote for the Day:
An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex.
- Edgar Wallace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done. You actually gave me some inspiration. I haven't been for a run all week, keep finding other things to do or making excueses. NO MORE. I will be running next week.
Kalina

wilier gurl said...

Good girl! Get out there and run, its fun really :)