Saturday, November 22, 2008

Half IM - I rocked it!!

This is the short version, I think I need sleep so I can blog properly!
I had a goal time of 6 hours and finished it in 5 hours 55mins! That is wicked!
Due to my own inability to push the buttons on my HRM hard enough, the first time I truly knew who I was tracking was about 4 and a quarter hours into the race, near the end of the first lap on the run.
When I went over the race plan with Richard the other day we worked out that I had 5 mins leeway so that tells you how well planned my race was, I came in with that 5mins to spare!
Wicked wicked day, not much wind, the rain stayed away, I stuck to my nutrition plan and race plan and learnt to talk to myself!!
Everyone went really really well today, I'm very impressed with all the girlies :) and the boys who raced it for the first time!

4 comments:

Neets_ said...

Yippee! That's terrific news Nadine. I've been sitting here waiting (impatiently) for an update. I've been thinking of you all through the day and hoping the weather behaved.

I'm thrilled that you're thrilled. You deserve it!

Rachel Harris said...

Oh yes you did!! A great day all around (except for poor Kalina!). We thought you'd just made it with seconds to spare - were you able to get your official time before you left Lake Hood? Can't wait to read your full report! :-D

wilier gurl said...

Hi Rach, yep I borrowed Pete's copy of the results and had a good squizz before I left. And yay, according to my speedo it was marginally over 90km for the cycle, the extra 20m will be that bit where we cycle to the dismount point so thats a pretty accurate 90km!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Nades! Thats awesome to come in under your targeted time too. If you were wondering who was waving at you from a little black car today, it was me! :)