Friday, November 7, 2008

Race report for 2nd Womens Tri

Here we are a week later so figured I better write a race report for last weeks race. I got a bit busy doing the boys blog for the 5 Passes.
There's not really a lot to report this time as everything went ok which was really nice. The weather was good, yay! I got there nice and early again, I do like that end spot on the rack, it's just easier to find and less crowded with only one person beside you. The nice/unusual thing about today was the complete lack of nerves, I was a little nervy at the last one, probably just because it was the first one of the season, nothing this time tho which was nice but odd. Possibly even made me a little too casual about the whole thing!
Swim went well, I managed to be first out of the water in my wave again, there were only 3 of us and I dropped the other 2 girls at the end of the first lap and no-one passed me which was nice. Had to battle my way in between a couple of breast-strokers on the last length. Quick sprint to transition and off on my bike. Time for swim and T1: 5.30mins
Cycle was pretty cruisey, not much of a wind which was nice and I got all settled on my aero-bars and was turning over a good cadence without a lot of effort so just took it pretty easy knowing that I had to go for a 2 hour ride later, it is weird to be thinking about doing training after but thats life these days. Played a little bit of cat and mouse with Lynette over the last few kms when I caught her so that was kind of fun. Another nice quick transition and off onto the run. Time for cycle and T2: 32.27mins
Run was interesting, legs were a bit achey from running into that wind at Ashburton the day before but they co-operated and I cranked out the 2 lap, 4km run without any dramas and no walking either which is always my challenge! Total time for run: 21.49mins
Total time of 59.43 which placed my 10th for my age group and 25th overall so definitely happy with that esp as I was both quite tired from the day before and the lack of sleep over the previous few days and knowing I had to train later in the day as well. Time was still a couple of minutes quicker than last year so its nice to continually see the improvements.
Got some nice finish pics for a change, it's amazing what happens when you remember to smile as you cross the line. Go here to check them out: http://www.nzinsure.com/gallery2/2008/?Qwd=./PhysioMed_2_08_Finishing_B4_0938&Qif=EWP_02_11_08_No_166.jpg&Qiv=thumbs&Qis=M
Ride afterwards was a little challenging as the wind had picked up again, luckily not as bad as the day before however I somehow managed to end up biking home into a headwind which wasn't a lot of fun and I managed to improve the state of my tan lines! I'm looking really rather sharp now......not! Oh well, such are the breaks on the warm days!

No comments: