Saturday, December 29, 2007

The last couple of days...

Right I have decided I need to be better at updating this so will try and do it every couple of days.
Yesterday was a pretty quiet day as I had a rest day from training. It's Geoff's birthday today so took him showing for some new cycle shorts, got some very styley Craft bib shorts from the lads at Chain Reaction. Then went to Fava Cafe for a coffee, hmmm they do good coffee over there! Decided I would finally use my yoga cards that I bought on sale about a year ago. I've never used them but now is as good a time as any. I discovered that I am nowhere near as flexible as I thought I was. On the plus side I remembered how much fun yoga is, its a little bit like forced time out and always makes you feel relaxed and kinda brings the world back into alignment and makes you feel at peace.
Mel and I settled in for a night on the couch to watch the final of America's Next Top Model. We were pretty gutted that Renee didn't make the final 2 but at least Jaslene beat Natasha. Aaahh reality TV is so much fun!
Today I dragged Kalina out for a nice refreshing swim at Corsair Bay (she reckoned it was the worst birthday present she has ever had - the water was pretty cold but she did agree to come swimming!). After that I went running from Corsair down to Lyttleton and back up past the yacht club and Magazine Bay. Managed 3 laps of that, I did walk the nasty hilly parts, but am pretty happy with how I was running today so that was cool. Went and stood in the cold water afterwards since I had done a fairly long run, hopefully my legs won't be too sore and tired for tomorrow's ride.
Off out to the Yellow Cross for dinner tonight since it is everyone's birthday today! Should be fun :)

No comments: