Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gorges Ride Sun 30th

Blimey getting up early to ride after a late night is never really much fun is it?
Headed out Rangiora way to ride the Gorges (just the short version via Ashley Gorge), left home about 7.30am, the plan was for Kelly and I to get a head start on the guys who were leaving at 8.30. We were on our bikes just after 8 so that was all good. It was a little hard to get motivated initially but everything seemed to come right once we got to the first hill, I powered up Summerhill thanks to having to do some climbing in a harder gear than normal! Doing that hurts and makes you swear some but you certainly get up the hill a fair bit quicker! Thanks to my new speedo that the boys at the shop kindly loaned me while I wait for mine to eventually arrive I now know that German Road is 11km long! That is one long boring slightly uphill road! Never mind, I got in some good aerobar practise along there. Near Loburn we had to stop and help a lady who had stopped to help a cat who had been hit by a car. We rang the vet for the lady, meanwhile the owner came out which was good as the vet was keen for us to try and find the owner. The boys finally caught up with us while we were stopped, we were starting to get worried that something had happened to them, given that there was about 8-10 of them and only 2 of us I figured they would have caught us much earlier!
Yay that I have exceeded my training levels/time on my program this week, it irks me when I just miss the target! Thanks to that extra ride on Xmas day I have over-achieved!
Trundled off to the library this afternoon to get some 'junk food for the brain' to read while on holiday. Spent a bit of time lying on the lawn in the sun trying to even out some of my rather distinctive cycling/tri-suit tan lines!

No comments: