Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First the Accolades

Before I get stuck into writing my race report there is something a little more important to do and that is to thank everyone who helped along the way, I got the easy part, I got to sod off for hours at a time to train and then on race day I had people running round after me helping me change and handing me food etc.
Huge thanks to....
Geoff - for putting up with me for the past year when I have been tired and grumpy. For making the garden look absolutely stunning while I was out riding my bike and napping on the couch. For taking time off in the middle of term to come up and watch me race, for spending the whole day zooming out to Reporoa and back, up and down along the run course to cheer me on and take heaps of pics. For getting up at very stoopid o'clock to take us down to the race start when mornings aren't really his thing!! And for all the other things that would take me forever to try and capture on here! Punkin, you know I love you much, thanks heaps for everything :) Oh and for saying that I can do it again!
Richard - for being the best coach I could have asked for. It was an amazing feeling going into a race this huge just knowing that I had done the training and that I had the race plan to back it up. Mentally and physically I was ready for race day! I'm not sure how you coped with all my hyper excited phone conversations over the last wee while!! Thank you for everything, you keep saying I do all the work but I only do as I'm told and its the plan that made it all come together so thank you again!
Zac, the dog - for being understanding when I was too tired to take him for a walk every morning. For being good company on some of those long runs, he takes longer than me to wear out thats for sure!!
Pete and Jill (Geoff's brother and fiancee) - for putting me up for the night in Hotel Palmy and lending me a car for the week. Pete also did most of the text updates to the folk back home, apparently Geoff got most of the credit for this which was funny. Also for running around the course all day and hanging in there taking pics etc in the rain.
Mumble (Geoff's mum) - for also coming up to Taupo to watch us crazy folk running around in the rain!
Zarnia - for answering all my questions about IM! Having you there with the knowledge made things a lot easier for me, thanks for giving me some of your time and for suggesting ice blocks in Oxford!!
Turps - for taking my bike to Taupo and back, that made life so much easier not having to worry about flying with my bike.
Tanya and Paula - for making the time and spending the money to come up and watch, it was awesome to have you guys out there on course and to see you afterwards.
All the other girlies - for the company on some of those rides, the encouragement and support you have given, for just being there through the whole journey. You know who you are and if I try and list everyone I will forget someone. Thank you so much! It's certainly an easier journey when you're not alone!
The boys at Chain Reaction - for looking after my bike and keeping stocks of Powerbars and Powerbar gels so that I could train on race fuel! Special thanks to Dave for lending me his own HRM when my battery went flat 2 weeks before race day!!
Catherine from eatfit - for all your nutrition expertise, both pre-race and for race day.
Work - for being flexible and letting me take Wednesday afternoons off to train!
The folk who were at the tri club swims on a Sat am and helped out with tips and encouragement.
Everyone who sent texts wishing me luck and congratulating me after! That was cool!
The other CP athletes from spin who encouraged me along and came for the occasional run after spin with me.
Final thanks is to everyone else who was interested in what I was doing and followed my blog as well as letting me chat away merrily about IM!!

1 comment:

Rachel Harris said...

People do things for you Nades, because they think you're spesh. You get back what you put out. :-)