Thursday, March 5, 2009

Registered!

Wow that was a long long registration line! It did move pretty quick so that was cool. I am now officially tagged, weighed and have an awful lot of Ironman stuff! Yes Rachel I spread it all out on the table and took piccies before attaching stickers etc to bikes.
Had a wee stress moment this morning when my bike didn't pass the bike check!! Aargh!! Had a slightly loose headset so $15 later it was all sorted! Phew! Got both helmets checked as I am still not 100% sure which one I will wear on race day. Bought some wee flouro stickies for the back off my tri-suit in case I am out there in the dark. Had fun sticking them all over the back of my suit earlier!!
Saw Cam Brown and Jo Lawn earlier today, wow she is tiny!!!
It is very cool here, lots of awesome awesome bikes etc! Although we have started calling Cervelos common as there are so many of them around!!
Right off to meet up with the other ChCh folk at the cafe before heading to the carbo party and then time for sleep as I am heading off to the womens breakfast tomorrow.

5 comments:

Rachel Harris said...

Noooo, you didn't have a loose headset - they loosened it while you weren't looking, just so they could get a bit of business for all the 'free' checks they do!! I'm so cynical (I walked away with some $25 tyre inflater thing from my bike check!!).

Good to hear you took the pics - the labels, stickers etc will never look so pristine again. ;-)

Neets_ said...

Hope Zarnia isn't reading your blog. Her beautiful new spiffy Cervelo bike ;-)

I bet you were slightly miffed given your bike had just been serviced to be told it didn't pass.

I can almost see you face (like the pic Jarred has of you on FB).

Good to hear everything is on track and you're another step closer to THE day.

Neets_ said...

Yes, I know my name is misspelled. I'm trying to fix it.

Anonymous said...

all the best for Ironman you go girl

felicity

wilier gurl said...

Yes I was a bit antsy about it! Geoff was livid when I told him last night! Never mind, $15 for peace of mind is $15 well spent!!