Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Eve and Day

New Years Eve was a pretty gentle affair, kicked off the morning with a nice walk thru Bottle Lake Plantation. Then off to the pool for a swim, I really need to go to the pool before I do anything else cos I really lose my motivation if I wait. However Jazz had swum earlier and said it was real busy so by waiting I did get to swim at a quieter time of the day. Long distance swim this morning. Was good and did some yoga again this afternoon, am hoping to see some improvement in my flexibility sometime soon... Pretty quiet evening and was tucked up in bed well before the fireworks and excitement of the New Year. And one day I will remember not to leave my phone by my bed, lots of texts to wake me just after midnight was entertaining!
Up nice and early on New Years Day to have my first taste of support crewing for Nadia while she practised part of the Coast to Coast course. I now know where Woodstock is! The river at the Waimak Gorge looked incredibly inviting! It was very blue and pretty looking! I had a nice time sitting in the sun reading my book while waiting for the kayakers to turn up, I think next time I am there it will be a little more frantic somehow! Unloaded Nadia's bike, loaded up the kayak and sent her on her way to cycle home down a rather long and windy Old West Coast Rd. Dropped her car off at home and then headed home to do my own training. I managed to convince Kalina that she really wanted to cycle to Tai Tapu and back even tho it was really windy by this time. I think the offer off sitting on my wheel while I practise on my aerobars seems to convince most people that a ride is a good idea! Not much aerobar time today tho with that wind, I'm starting to think my aerobars are just a really expensive ornament lately, its been so windy that I have barely touched them!! I did spent quite a bit of quality time down on my handlebar drops while battling the wind today, it was kinda the no option option! It honestly took us nearly 20mins longer to get home than it did to get there today! Nasty! Quick transition at home and zapped off down the road for a nice 5min run straight off the bike.
Have just been reading the Assistants Guide for the Coast to Coast so I know exactly what I am in for in a few weeks time, it all makes a bit more sense now that I have some visual references to go by.
Quote of the Day:
The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.- Unknown

No comments: