Friday, April 4, 2008

Phew busy busy!!
Went for a lactate test a few weeks ago which was pretty interesting, I was keen to see how much I had improved since the last one way back in October. Well I can tell you that I am now a helluva lot fitter than I was back then which is pretty damn exciting!! I managed to go up another couple of levels on the wattage threshold before my HR went thru the roof, jeepers it was hard on those top levels!! Lots of pain, but fun as well....issues? Yes!! :)
Managed to break my HRM recently so now have an uber-flash new Polar RS200 which is a wicked toy! I can download my workouts to the web so that is pretty cool and I managed to figure out how to set the zones to my HR thresholds in my program so that is cool. And it can countdown to Ironman as well, thats a bit real when you see the countdown on your watch each day, not sure how long that will last before I get over that! Its been a bit weird not racing over the past few weeks, it has been nice to get out for some long runs and rides tho, its a bit challenging to get those in when you race most weekends. The wetsuit has been washed, rinsed, dried and hung up for the winter. Next time it sees the light of day will be when it goes on Trade Me so I can buy myself a new one as my current one is too big now! So if anyone is after a 2XU Elite Womens wetsuit I have one that needs a new home.

No comments: