Monday, May 19, 2008

Well I have just been good and done my stabilisation/core strength exercises for the first time, tip - the dog is not helpful when doing these! Apparently the yoga mat and swiss ball were put out for him to play with! Very frustrating! Tis all good, am all done now so feeling quite virtuous!
Went for a lovely run up the Capt. Thomas walkway on Saturday and along the Scarborough Bluffs a bit before heading back down, it was so nice to be back out there running after some time off, it certainly makes you appreciate how much I really enjoy getting out there doing stuff! Had the most heavenly coffee from Wac Cafe on my way home from Sumner, that may have to become a regular thing! Headed out to watch the boys do the cycle race at Prebbleton which was fun, walked the dogger while they were all out riding, Zac seems to have gotten over his car-sickness which is good. Geoff got a flat tyre so that kinda sucked for him, we were nice tho and went and picked him up. Sunday was a long, slow, flat coffee ride for the boys and I sat on their wheel for 90km! Hmmm that was a really long but fun way to get to Sumner for a coffee! We went via Brooklands, the airport, Halswell, Heathcote and finally arrived in Sumner! Still was nice to get out for a decent ride on the Wilier and good to ride socially too, seeing as how it was really sposed to be a rest day....
Still going to physio for my shoulder so no swimming just yet but am trying to be good and do my exercises and stretches. Phew she hurt me today when I went, all that riding yesterday must have buggered up all the good work she did last week cos it blimmin' hurt today!
Quote for the Day:
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.
- Mark Twain

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nades
Was wondering, I've had swimmers shoulder before. Mine really hurt in one spot (can't describe, I'm really hopeless), but close to the neck. Physio taught me to lie on the ground and roll a tennis ball on the spot where it hurts. Supposely the pressure of a tennis ball helps. Saw you and the boys riding home from Sumner. You were at the front of the pack. Glad you are enjoying training. I've just over my issues and am thinking of re-training. Who knows. Good luck. Natasha (Tash)

Neets_ said...

Nadine, it's so nice to hear your training stories. And as always so positive about the training. I hope the shoulder improves quickly for you and doesn't slow you down for long.

wilier gurl said...

Hey hey,
shoulder is just sore and achey from the crash at Brunner, so not swimming shoulder as yet! It just flared up and was quite sore when I swam last week for the first time in ages, it seems to be coming right but time will tell!
Thanks for the kind words Anita, training is fun, I wouldn't be out there id I didn't enjoy it thats for sure! I just keep eyeing up that start line and finish line and everything in between and then reallythere is no excuse for not doing it and having fun :)

Anonymous said...

you go girl! hehe.

Paula