Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yay, I can still run!!

Its always interesting heading out to do something you haven't done in awhile! It's been at least 5 weeks since I last went for a run so I was feeling a little apprehensive about how today's run would go. Only had to do a nice easy 45mins so ran home from work cos thats always fun and then your training is all done before you get home. I was a bit worried I may have reverted back to the old familiar run/walk scenario, but no I was feeling pretty comfy running along, I guess it does help when you have to stop for the occasional set of lights! Having said that I reckon that was one of my quickest trips home from work so far! Had a short walk at about 30mins, mainly cos my HR was thru the roof and it wasn't sposed to be doing that today (sorry Richard! It just went there!) all good after that, ran home nice and easy along the river. Have just been out and bought some 2XU compression tights, yay for having vouchers for Westfields, that made them heaps cheaper! So have those on now and they feel good and randomly I am an XXS in them! Oh tried on a rather cool new sports bra as well so Mel is going to order me one in which is cool cos I really need a good one as all mine are too big like everything else.
Went off to physio yesterday to get my shoulder looked at as it was hurting swimming the other day, so off to physio again tomorrow. Hopefully she makes me better real soon!
Quote for the day:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
- Unknown

2 comments:

PaulaR said...

Hey Nadine, nice work on the run chick!

I managed around Hagely last night without stopping so bloody happy with that! Just started running again too....

wilier gurl said...

Hey hey Paula.....
Yay at getting around Hagley Park, that damn park still messes with my head, I really struggle to do it! Are you doing the 10km at the ChCh marathon?? Please say yes, I want someone to run with!