Sunday, January 18, 2009

The easy week is over

Phew, I think I prefer the hard weeks, at least you know it will hurt!! haha
Had a pretty cruisey training weekend really and it was kinda nice for a change, it also meant I actually got some housework done for a change cos I had time!
Yesterday was a swim at Corsair, the water was lovely and warm and flat which was great. Then after a rather slow transition where I ate my breakfast I headed off for a ride, I went up Evans from Corsair, back down to Lyttelton and along to Governors Bay and then back to Corsair. Was riding up Evans when Paul Davies caught up to me and was nattering away saying he was tired, hmm methinks my level of tired and his may be a little different! I was panting and struggling to keep up with him while talking and he was definitely cruising! We were talking about IM and he scared me a little when he said he could still remember the pain from last year. No-one ever said this was going to be painful!! Eek! After my ride I had the obligatory run off the bike, I swear that when I ride to work now I feel like I should be getting off my bike and going for a run! I headed off down the road into Lyttleton and back up the track following the 5km loop they use when the tri is on over there. I had my compression socks on and could hear these girls cycling past talking about them, so I called out and said 'yep they work!' and they stopped at the next corner so they could quiz me about them so that was entertaining!
Today was a nice short 1 hour run, it was quite lovely to head out for a short run especially as it was an off-road hill run! After a nice sleep-in, I have had some shite sleeps lately so really needed a sleep-in this morning, I headed off to Sumner to my old faithful the Capt. Thomas walkway, not sure why I like this one so much cos it is tough, esp those steep bits at the bottom, maybe its cos the view is stunning or because I get to drivethru WAC Cade for a coffee on the way home! Love not even getting out of my car for my caffeine fix! Was stoked that my run went really well this morning as I have had some utter bollocks sessions this week, so was nice to have a good effort and put the bad ones behind me! Onto next week now, Timaru Tri this weekend! Yay, I love that race!

2 comments:

Neets_ said...

It is good to end a fairly ordinary week on a high. Great job on the run.

Wish I knew how to sleep in ;-)

Rachel Harris said...

I think it's going to take me a while to get used to reading your blog because you're still training hard and I'm not. :-( Would it be weird of me to say I almost miss the buzz of it all? I'm almost looking forward to when IM is all over for you, and I don't feel left out anymore. ;-)

Anyway, about the girls that quizzed you re the compression socks. When I went through the special needs station on the run on Saturday, one of the women on the aid station said "Oooh, how do you find your socks? My husband does multisport and he was wondering what they're like..." and on and on she nattered to me. After I gave a brief "Yep, they're great!", I was like, can I go now? I still have a bit of running to do!!

In another year or so, they'll be like compression tights - everyone will be wearing them and wondering what the fuss was about!