Friday, January 16, 2009

Easy Weeks are Hard!

Why is that? One would think that an easy week would be easy. I suppose it normally is but coming at the end of the biggest week I have ever done probably means that anything would be hard. Last week was pretty huge 17-18 hours of training plus going back to work. I suppose I should be grateful that I survived!
Tuesday was unfun, cycling down Hackthorne from the Cup I managed to drop my chain and it flicked itself up between my chain rings and frame and wouldn't budge, well it might have with brute force but that may well have ended with a hole in my bike frame!! So it was the damsel in distress call for help! Yay for peak hour traffic, it took poor Geoff ages to get to me with his tools in hand, meanwhile I was sitting on the side of Hackthorne Rd feeling less than impressed and getting really cold! Its funny what people say when they go past, one guy asked if I had a puncture or if I was just having a rest, I must have looked really helpless!! Finally underway again but by now I quite frankly could have just gone home and chilled out instead. But no, I was good and continued on my ride, I never really seemed to warm backup so it was hard work and then a stoopid little dog chased me down a street yapping away at me. Am tempted to go back there with my big dog!! hehee. Once home it was time to head out for run, that didn't go well, it just didn't work out eh. Oh well, I guess some days thats just the way of it.
Wednesday was a swim at Corsair Bay which was nice and went well, this was followed up by the CP cycle session and that hurt! Lots of silly wee hills, they should be easy, actually they are easy but they felt so hard! My legs just didn't want to play the game at all. I actually thought about bailing out and going home. I sat one section out as I just knew I didn't have the gummies. Poor Richard, I think he thinks I have lost the plot! Previously we had talked about maybe upping the coaching level leading up to Ironman, so after Wed he emails me suggesting we do a training session together once a fortnight or something as he found it useful to see how I was going. Hmm, since I wasn't going well that day, can that be a good thing? Time will tell I suppose!
Took the dog for a run at Bottle Lake on Thursday morning, Geoff came too which was weird, he is just getting into this running lark. The dog certainly enjoyed having him along as well and Geoff got to see what a good boy Zac is when he is out and about off lead.
Here's hoping the easy weekend is less hard than the easy week!

1 comment:

Neets_ said...

I hear ya Nadine. Oh and please let tomorrow be easy. Let there be no ripples in the water and plenty of warmth.