Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Ride

Headed off to ride around Ashley Gorge today, nice wee undulating 75km ride! Again I was the token girl, this is starting to become a theme lately, oh well more hard pills for me I guess! I haven't ridden out around Ashley for ages and ages so it was really nice to be out there today in the countryside instead of hitting the Port Hills all the time. Twas a bit chilly to begin but a very nice day for a ride and we managed to clip around at a reasonable pace, struck a rather evil headwind heading towards Loburn/Sefton way though which wasn't a lot of fun. We kinda split in 3 at that point, 3 guys out the front and 3 behind with me stuck in the middle! Never mind, I used it as an opportunity to practice being on my aerobars which is hard to do in a bunch. For some reason the hills were comparatively easy today which was nice, the first hill is Summerhill and I was waiting for the climb to bite me in the arse but before I knew it we were heading downhill so that was a nice surprise, the rest were all ok as well. Yay! Maybe its just cos they are small in comparison to the big beasties we normally ride! Was even good and did my 15min run off the bike today, daft girl that I was I ran with the tailwind to start with so had to run back in the headwind! Never mind, at least I did it! After that I had just enough time to nip over to Sefton and watch Geoff finish his cycle race before driving home. The race actually passed us as we were biking towards Ashley so I was good and cheered him on when they cycled past as well. So thats another week done and dusted, am trying to figure out how to get tomorrow's session in now. I normally swim on a Monday but can't cos of my eyes so have a 60min ride to squeeze in and before work is the only time I can do it as tomorrow I start my weekly massages after work so no pint riding after that. Hmmm, guess its an early morning for me tomorrow!
Quote for the Day:
In the world there are believers and then there are non-believers. For all of you non-believers out there, I have something to say to you...never underestimate the heart of a champion.
- Rudy Tom Johnavich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had fun :)
Next time there is a group doing that ride let me know and I will organise a slower bunch to come along so I can play at a slower pace......

kalina