Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2nd Jan

Eek, can't believe how quick these holiday days are slipping by! Only 4 days left before I have to start thinking about trying to fit my training in around work again.
Swam at QE2 with Kalina this morning, gee she is a hard taskmaster and made me work! One would think she would play nice since I let her sit on my wheel in that nasty headwind yesterday! But no, there was no mucking around this morning which is probably good for me anyway! If you read this make sure you ask her about her blonde ditzy moment in the changing rooms! heheee
After the swim I headed down to the beach to run along the beach for a change of scene. Phew it was warm! I parked at Waimari Surf Club and headed north. It was a bit like playing dodgems initially as the beach was real crowded but it thinned out fairly quickly and then I just had to keep an eye on the incoming tide so I didn't get wet feet, I turned back after 30mins and I reckon I nearly made it to maybe Spencerville (is that the next beach along that way? Anyway there were heaps of people in the water just up the beach a little.) when I turned back I could barely see the pier and certainly couldn't see the Waimari Surf Club. Ewww saw a nudie man when I was running back! He just walked out of the dune natural as could be with his towel in his hand. Since when is that beach a nudie beach? Too random! Stood in the nice cold waves after my run, felt so good on my sore tired legs!
Nothing much exciting on for the rest of the day. Visited my new fave supermarket again! f you haven't been there you need to check out Pak'n'Save Wainoni, its new and clean and they have self checkout so you can shop without talking to anyone! I discovered today that the playlist on my ipod is just the right length to do groceries too!
Took Merlin down to play in the river at Horseshoe Lake Reserve, he isn't loving this heat so hopefully he is a little cooler now he has had a play in the river. Hmmm he has disappeared, the wee sod better not be asleep on my bed cos he is still soaking wet!
Quote of the Day:
If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.- Mary Pickford, actress

No comments: