Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Alrightee, I have been chastised for not updating my blog frequently enough so here we go....
Went back to work on Monday so things have been a little busier than the last couple of weeks. I was kinda lucky tho cos at least I didn't start early! I was up and about early-ish to go swimming tho. That was hard, I have been having a case of the 'I don't wanna's' over the last few days. I got to QE2 and pretty much was on auto-pilot and as I was walking thru to the pool I was thinking, why I am here, I don't wanna do this. But then sensibleness kicked in as I realised that I had just paid $5 and that I needed to do a little more than just inhale the smell of chlorine. So I got stuck in and swum, felt better for it, really I did! Then off to the nutritionist on the way to work.....hmm, I was a little hesitant about how this would go. I figured I had eaten reasonably sensibly/carefully over the Xmas break but you can never really tell! Phew, I did lose another 600gms so thats all good.
Tuesday was another I don't wanna day! I was all set to do a cycle after work and even biked to work so I could head out on my ride straight from work. (Any excuse to park my bike by my desk, I won't be able to do that when we move buildings nest week.) Anyway, normally I have my ride all sorted before I go. I left work and was still dithering about where to go! I kinda meandered alot! Went along the base of the hills, thru Heathcote, ended up in New Brighton so trundled down Marine Parade/Beach Road before heading home. I was good tho and had no issues doing a short run off the bike, I had even remembered to leave my shoes all ready in a mini transition area at home. Was pretty pooped and went to bed real early last night.
Had a chat with my coach last night about my I don't wanna phase, bless him he is about to redo my program and is going to put some time-trial type stuff in for each discipline so I can gauge my progress over a space of a few weeks. Hopefully that will give me something to focus on. I'm normally pretty motivated but the last 2 weeks have been 14+ hours of training so I think its all catching up on me now. Lucky this week is an easy week.
Swimming was a little easier to get into this morning (Wednesday) so that was nice! I have had huge issues getting decent coffee this week as my regular coffee shop doesn't re-open till next week!! Aaahhh! So tried somewhere different for coffee this morning and that seems to have helped, its not good for a girl to have bad coffee! Had to take Merlin to the vet after work today, he has been all restless and a bit funny about stairs etc and it seems he has a sore back. Poor wee thing! (Well, big thing! He weighed in just under 40 kilos!) The vet has put him on steroids and we go back in a few days to see if he is any better. He got a steroid injection this evening and he seems perkier already and was puppying around being silly before which he hadn't been doing. Finally got out for my run at about 8pm! Hmmm, its not easy getting out the door that late. Lucky I only had to do a 30min run and it was lovely running round the river at the time of the evening and it was still lovely and warm out.
Quote of the Day: (some people have asked about these, so, I send them to my team at work each day with their stats, its just a nice light-hearted way to make stats a little more interesting. I subscribe to them at www.boardofwisdom.com - there is a link on the right of the page)
No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy.- Thomas Fuller

2 comments:

Rachel Harris said...

Aaaah, bless you Nades! The voyeur in me is far happier now. :-D

Jill said...

I wish I was allowed to park my bike by my desk at work - not allowed unfortunately!! Has to be parked down in the basement in the bike racks (aaarrgh). The paranoia in me produces numerous trips to the basement during the day to check on its safety - ridiculous!