Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Woohoo!!! A PB run today! I think I can almost run fastish now! Well fast for me anyway :)
Did the 5km Shoe Clinic run at Hagley Park tonight. Ewwww the weather was so foul! It was freezing cold and pissing with rain! Seriously not a lot of fun!! I'd cycled to work so also cycled to the park, hmmm not nice getting a wet butt in the first 10 seconds on my bike, but there you go! Was mighty pleased Mel had driven down (she was working so got to stand around in the cold!) cos then I had somewhere to put my bike and gear and best bonus was a warm dry ride home. It was real windy tonight so I figured I would be lucky if I managed to do the 5km in 30mins. My previous best time was 29.30 so wasn't really hoping for much tonight. I started off feeling pretty good, they call out the times at every kilometre and at the 1km mark I had done 5.20 and I worried a bit that I had gone out a little too hard but figured I felt good so just worked on maintaining my pace, did the second km in the same time. Slowed down a little for the 3rd and maintained my pace to the end and was super stoked to finish in 27.10!! Thats a PB by about 2 and a half minutes! Thats huge, gosh I may turn into a runner if I keep this up! I think running class is paying off, I don't think I ran like a shuffler even once today, I focused on lifting my knees and just generally thinking about my running.
Yesterday was a bit of a busy day, into work at 7.30! Eek! Very early but first day in the new building and all. It is so nice to be back in town and we have such a stunning view of the Port Hills from the 7th floor, it even looks nice when the weather is grotty! Off to the vet with Merlin when I got home, he is doing well and we are going to see how he goes being drug-free for a couple of weeks. He has managed to lose a couple of kilos which has also helped him no doubt! Finally got to the pool for a swim at around 6.30pm. Its so busy there at night, I'm pleased I don't swim in the evenings very often. Still had a good workout and thats what its all about!
Quote for the Day:
To me, fair friend, you never can be old
For as you were when first your eye I eyed,
Such seems your beauty still.
- William Shakespeare

No comments: