Tuesday, January 15, 2008

They say things come in 3's right?? Hmmm, this was so true on this mornings ride. I was up nice and early (6.03ish) to go for my ride, the weather was not bad, as I go to leave it starts to rain! Now I don't have too much of an issue riding in the rain except I really don't like getting the Wilier wet and dirty, she deserves better than that! So it rains, then about 2km in my speedo decides to stop working for no apparent reason (kinda frustrating when you have to do a 10km TT as part of your ride!) so spent 5mins standing in the rain trying to figure it out with no joy. Counted my blessings that I had driven my planned TT route the night before to see how far 10km would be from where I wanted to start. Was cycling along thinking hmmm its days like this that I am likely to get a puncture. Yep, you guessed it! About 3km from home! Nice and busy 8am traffic, there I am on the corner changing my tire! Oh well, at least I know how to change a tire without using my cellphone. And now I get to spend a nice evening watching the Australian Open Tennis on telly.
Yesterday was just a swim in the morning, did a good set, mixed it up with reducing sets and using the pull buoy. Took Merlin back to the vet, he is doing good and his back seems to be getting better so hopefully he has just twisted it or something similar. The steroids are making the poor wee thing drink heaps, he is emptying at least a bucket of water a day at the moment!
Went for a nice drive to Sumner last night to check out my proposed 10km TT course for this morning and then headed over the hill to Lyttleton as my spies had told me there was a good ice-cream shop there. We managed to not see said shop cos we were gazing at each other in horror that some kid was actually skateboarding down the hilly streets in Lyttleton!! Who does that? So back over the hill and stopped at the dairy on Sumner for an ice-cream instead. Awesome sky on the way back in, the southerly was just kicking in and the clouds were starting to change. It looked amazing! Thats something ya don't see from the view on ya couch!
Quote for the Day:
Time is like a handful of sand--the tighter you grasp it, the faster it runs through your fingers.
- Unknown

No comments: