Sunday, January 27, 2008

OK, first of all a bit of an update on training etc this week then I will do a separate post as a race report for Timaru.
It was a pretty busy week this week with something on every night after work so most days I was leaving home at 8am and getting back home at 8pm, that doesn't leave a lot of time to get everything done that you kinda need to do in a day.
Wednesday evening was the Surf'n'Turf at Sumner, I was just doing the long distance swim (800m) as well as cycling there and back. It was nice weather/water for swimming, the tide was in and it was relatively calm at Sumner for a change. It was nice only swimming for a change so I went pretty hard which was fun and was very pleasantly surprised to see that I did the swim in 6mins 40!! hahaha that is crazy, there is no way I swim that fast!! Turns out the course was pretty short (no kidding!) and Dave has bought a GPS so that the rest of the series are more accurate!
Thursday I cycled to work again, I have been a bit of a bike geek this week and have cycled every day! Had running drills/class again after work, these seem to be going ok, I don't get corrected too much which means I must actually be listening and doing what I am told for a change :)
Friday was a well deserved rest day! Phew, needed one of those!
Saturday morning I met up with Nadia to go over transitions and what we need to do for Coast to Coast so that hopefully I don't let her down on her big race! Blimey, multi-sporters have a lot of gear, no wonder they need 3 people to help them race!
Quote for the Day:
Feelings change - memories don't.
- Joel Alexander

No comments: