Friday, January 4, 2008

3th and 4th Jan

Yesterday was a bit of a grim day, I woke up feeling pretty tired and sore from yesterdays beach run. Tiredness was mainly due to not sleeping so good. Merlin, aka beautiful Boxer dog, is pretty restless with these hot nights so he was up and down, walking all round the room last night trying to get comfy and managed to keep me awake for most of the night as well. Headed off to do Short Bays via the Summit Rd for a change. Went up Dyers Pass Rd, haven't done that in a long while, it went ok given how dead my legs felt, I eased off from the Takahe to the Kiwi due to sore legs and knowing there was still a fair amount of climbing to go. As luck would have it I managed to find wind! Go figure! The day before was calm as could be, this morning was calm until I got onto Summit Rd, oh well as the old saying goes, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! At least it cooled down a little, it was baking hot when I left home. Geoff left home after me and was chasing me, he finally caught me on the descent into Sumner (he had to take a wee detour back home after leaving without his helmet)! It was a bit of a slow toddle home for me, my legs were feeling pretty fried and I needed to do a run off my bike! Got home and meandered my way thru a really slow transition, someone needs to slap me if I ever do a race transition that slowly! I was procrastinating about going for my run cos I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant! I headed off to do 2 laps thru Horseshoe Lake Reserve. Ran not so bad for the first 15mins and then it pretty much all went to custard and as I neared the end of the first lap past home I was having an argument with myself as to whether it would be better to stop now and not run for as long as I was sposed to or whether it was better to suck it up and keep going even tho I wasn't running very well. I still don't know which would have been the best option but I did take a couple of hard pills and kept going even tho it wasn't fun! I was feeling pretty blimmin tired after that effort and recovered by spending the afternoon on the couch watching the tennis. It took me forever to get up enough energy to go upstairs and have a shower, the fact that I knew I smelt bad after all that exercise was the final motivation I needed in order to move!
Friday is rest day! Yay! Am feeling better already! Had an appointment to donate plasma this morning so headed off to the blood bank, my haemoglobin levels were a tad on the low side so they sent me away today! They took a couple of samples to send away for testing, hopefully they don't stand me down again cos that would suck. Best I be good and remember to take my iron tablets regularly again, that could also explain why I feel pretty tired as well. Went and bought some new work pants today at Riccy Mall, yay its exciting to fit a size 12 for the first time in forever! In fact the first pair I tried on were a little big so I tried on the 10 which did fit, they were very tight so I didn't buy them but yay that I can find into a size 10 pair of pants! heheee
Might do some yoga later, only other plans for the day are to watch the tennis and hopefully find a good movie on telly later tonight! Only 2 more days of relaxation before going back to work on Monday.
Quote of the Day:
They do not love that do not show their love. - William Shakespeare

No comments: