Friday, August 15, 2008

It's nearly race day

Palmy North half marathon this weekend, weather is looking interesting, thunder, rain and norwesterlies but 12 degrees, which actually sounds warm given how coldies it has been in ChCh. I think I have packed just about every piece of running clothing I own cos I really don't know what I want to wear in that weather so figure best be prepared! Am hoping that I have remembered to pack my running legs, I think they have gone AWOL on me! I went for a run at lunchtime yesterday which is something I don't normally do but I had something on straight after work and had to swim before work so lunchtime was the only part of the day left so I don't know if it was a combination of running at lunchtime (it was warm too! weird), running in Hagley Park (which I don't enjoy) and that I think I have beaten the cold/flu that was threatening! Whatever it was I didn't feel like much of a runner yesterday so am hoping that spending most of today chilling out watching the Olympics and living in my compression tights will mean that my running legs will be back by Sunday! I did take the dog for a leisurely walk on the green track at Bottle Lake this morning, it was nice in there without the weekend crowds! Then ran around and did some rather unexciting jobs like buying energy gels and going to the library.
Ohh, found an interesting event if any ChCh girls are keen, its an 11km run but you get to plant trees half way round which is pretty cool. It's all part of the carbon crusade, link is here. It looks fun and I am kinda keen but currently I have another half marathon in my program for the following day...
Quote for the Day:
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
- Raymond Lindquist, writer

4 comments:

Nadia MacLaren said...

good luck :)

Anonymous said...

awesome time for you run Nadine, well done :)

I saw the tree planting event too but we will all be in Sydney. Which 1/2 are you looking at doing that day???

Paula

wilier gurl said...

Hey Paula, its the Oxford half marathon, I haven't fully decided if I will do it yet,its an enter on the day event so I can make up my mind then. It will be pretty as its in the country but lots of long long straight roads.........
Oh and if I do it I have to cycle for an hour first!

Anonymous said...

oh year Oxford could be a little boring. However, lost of nice cafes out that way :-)

P.