Monday, August 25, 2008

Lots of excitement!

Yep, everything is getting exciting at the moment! Yay my bike is mine officially this week! Phew, 12 months goes quite quick really doesn't it. So that's pretty cool and having that extra money in my pay each week will go a long way! My new wetsuit arrived today and it is awesome! Managed to score a Blueseventy Helix for $419, not bad when they retail for $719 and its brand new so thats cool, no one else will ever have peed in it! It zips from the top down so a little more challenging to do up than my last one, I had to get Geoff to zip me in so I need to work on that so I can go swimming on my own. Now I just need it to be warm enough to go swimming, although this morning was pretty warm in the rain so maybe we can swim soon. Anyone else keen? So other exciting stuff, last night I emailed off to about half a dozen different holiday homes in Taupo cos I figured it best I get my accommodation sorted sooner rather than later, out of the 4 replies I have had so far 2 of them are already booked and the other 2 are still available so that is great and hopefully by the end of the week I will have somewhere to stay. I've just been reading on the IM website to see where everything happens leading up to the event and hopefully we will be nice and close so that everyone can go back to the house for a nana nap while I am out on the cycle course cos they will all be up early with me on the day! Have also checked out flights, will prob fly into Palmy and drive from there, flights are pretty reasonable into there and I bet they are expensive as anything into Taupo that weekend! And then of course there is the big exciting something that the girls are trying to work out and just can't!! hehehe that is funny but you will all just have to wait till next Friday to find out what it is, a select few people know about it because they need to know but thats it!
Quote for the Day:
Nothing is too wonderful to be true.
- Michael Faraday

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i am very hurt that i am not one of the 'select few'. I'm sure me and Kalina were close though!!!! I will have to wait till I get back now to find out .....


PR

Anonymous said...

come on....this is killing me slowly....

KP

Neets_ said...

Hey Nadine. I guess you got yours (Helix wetsuit) from TradeMe from Swim T3 too. Great deal. And nice that it all arrives in the box so you know it's never been out and touched by anyone else. Registering it for the warranty on their website it the thing to do then you get 2 years.
I'll catch you tomorrow at swimming. Hope I'm not the cause of any pool rage since I'll be a tad slower ;-)

Nadia MacLaren said...

well that is just not fair... to say something like that, you'll hurt a persons feeling, and they are really sick :(

Rachel Harris said...

That's even more intriguing, that the girls I thought would be in the loop, aren't! You're such a tease!

wilier gurl said...

Ohh Nadia, I'm sorry that you're not well but that won't make me tell you!
And yes the group is very select. Lets see, who is in the group...
Geoff cos he needs to be.
Geoff's brother cos we talked about it when I was in Palmy.
Richard cos it will affect my training for a short time, and no point asking him he will just tell you that I am getting a haircut! haha
Geoff's mum cos I need her help.
Yep I think thats about it, I haven't even told the dog so there you go! hehee
This is fun :)

Nadia MacLaren said...

well I tried to guilt you, obviously didn't work...

shes going on a trip somewhere... nope shes preggers (yeh right hehe). She's going to a marathon...

Anonymous said...

yep we already thought of starting the preggers rumour (along with a few others.....)
(i still think Kalina and I have guessed it!!)
P

Anonymous said...

She won't tell me either, :( I'm giessing a trip somewhere, possibly overseas to a race? maybe going to Sydney after all? Pass!?

Anonymous said...

oh yes pregnant and she has to go on holiday to give birth - it helps her training as apprantly once you have had kids your endurance levels increas significantly

OR

she is adopting a kid (yes on an interest free deal) Or getting a new dog......

Rachel Harris said...

Epic Camp, or an overseas marathon... Geoff's mum needs to look after the dog, and Geoff's brother is going to go too. ;-)

Trust me, it's a fallacy that giving birth makes you stronger. At least with Ironman, you have a rough idea when it's all going to be over!

Neets_ said...

How come no one has suggested the reason for taking a trip is the honeymoon??? Right Nadine ;-)

wilier gurl said...

ohhh you guys crack me up!! The only thing I will confirm is that I am definitely not pregnant. :)
Ooh and who said I was taking a trip??

Rachel Harris said...

Taking extended leave from work to train?

I hope it's not going to be anticlimax when we *do* find out - we're certainly building it up big time!

Rachel Harris said...

Lasik! Lasik! I'm not going to get any sleep tonight now, darn you Voice. ;-)

Anonymous said...

he he i know