Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So whats happening?

Well lots but I'm not gonna tell you about the thing yet! There has been some intriguing guesses which have certainly made me giggle! We are a curious bunch by nature aren't we!
Phew I was pleased that I was smart enough to go for my Sunday ride on Saturday as the weather on Sunday was disgusting! Rode out to Sumner and up Evans from the Sumner side, it was only the second time I have ever done that, I think I put myself off the first time as I found it mega hard and felt really ill at the top! I was surprised at how ok I felt climbing up there on Saturday so that was cool, next on the cards is reverse Short Bays, now that should be fun! Saturday we cruised down into Lyttleton and along to Governors Bay and back so lots of hills and a quite heated discussion about a slope that I said was a slight uphill whereas Geoff was convinced it was downhill in the direction we were travelling, oh well on the way back I proved him wrong and he rather sulkily agreed but refused to admit that I was right in the first place! Boys eh!! So Saturday ended up being quite busy by the time I swam before work then worked on Saturday, luckily only till 1.30 then rode after work. Sunday was gross out but I still headed out for my run, I had decided that I was going to run up Rapaki as I hadn't been up there yet and felt like running somewhere new. It was pretty wet when I got there and it was soo tempting to not run! I was good however and headed on up, I was sposed to run for an hour 10 but I think my running legs were still in bed, either that or they were feeling the pain from the ride the day before. I wasn't feeling that flash eh, I could have quite happily stayed in bed that morning so decided I would just run up to Summit Rd and back which took about an hour, still better than no run. In the end it was a smart decision as visibility at the top was pretty minimal.
Monday was weird this week, I had a planned rest day for some reason but didn't discover this until I had packed up my gear for the morning so I headed to the pool and did an easy 30min swim anyway for fun, then I relaxed in the spa for awhile and did some stretches in the nice warm water! Tuesday was marathon running clinic, it was the first time I had been in 3 weeks and boy did I notice that I hadn't been! I wasn't feeling near as good as I had been, part of that could have been attributed to having the most evil period pain for most of the day tho! Hmm not fun!
Had my swim assessed again this morning at Aquagym, its always a bit nerve wracking being watched and critiqued doing something. It went well today tho and it was good to get the feedback that what I had been working on was improving and that I was looking pretty good. Have a few other things to work on now, I like that you're not inundated with lots of things all at once! I'm at the stage now where I can tell that I am slipping back to my old habits and am able to correct myself during the length. Richard commented a couple of times that I was looking better at the end of the length, my response was well yeah it felt like crap so I fixed it on the way down! hehehe. Ali was making me swim faster so that was interesting especially as he commented that I looked better when I was going faster, now if only I could swim that pace for long periods then I would be fine!
Spin this evening, I haven't been to the late class in ages, it was kinda cool to see some folk I hadn't seen for awhile. No spin next week as I am getting my haircut again, lucky I have a coach who understands missing training for a haircut ;)
Quote for the Day:
In The Crowd, Be An Observer. Never Be A Player.
- Azfa Abdullah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he I know!

Anonymous said...

What!! Who are you and how do you know...
Kalina

wilier gurl said...

Aha, it is someone else who knows while the rest of you wonder :)