Sunday, August 31, 2008

Spring is a'sprung!

And here we are again, another Sunday evening has rocked around and I'm another week closer to IM. Yay that Spring seems to have sprung! Woohoo thats so cool!
Things are a'happening, I have confirmed accommodation for Taupo that is really handy to everything so thats cool, I have also booked in my massage lady so I can start having weekly massages from Thursday week (can't start this week cos I am busy!) now I just need to pay for it all!
Yesterday I headed out on the first ever Spring Complete Performance ride which started at Pioneer, then headed to Tai Tapu for breakfast/brunch/coffee at the Raspberry Cafe, then either heading back home or off to do long bays for those of us who were keen and could! There were quite a few of us and it was nice to be out and about with a reasonable sized bunch on a coolish but not nasty day! No sign of the magpies so that was good! But why oh why is there always always a head wind going up Gebbies Valley? Thats just cruel! Still had a reasonably quick climb up Gebbies and a nice ride along the bays, I must be going too hard on those wee hills cos my climb times up from Lyttleton at the moment are shite! Maybe I can blame all the loose gravel? Went running at the plantation today, I was all pysched up to head up and give Rapaki another go then read my program a little closer and saw that I was sposed to do a flat run, oh well at least the dog can come to the plantation and meant I didn't need to walk him afterwards. Blimey it was busy at the plantation today, there were kids/families/bikes/dogs everywhere! Where we all those folk when it was snowing out there 3 weeks ago?? Hmmm! It was lovely to be able to run in just shorts and t-shirt today instead of multiple layers of thermals and jackets etc. My running legs don't seem to want to co-operate as well as they were a few weeks ago, for now I am going to put it down to the fact that I am not having that weekend pre-training coffee that I had got in the habit of doing! Best my body get used to that pretty quickly and get its weekend zing back! Hmmm let's hope the withdrawal thing or whatever it is doesn't take too long!!
I've been good in all this spring like weather and managed a bit of weeding yesterday, today I cleaned my car (inside and out), washed my bike and sprayed the rest of the weeds after a very DYI trip to the new Bunnings on Marshlands Rd. We needed a new number for our fence, someone nicked off with the 9! So if anyone is in need of a 1 or a 2 for their fence/letterbox just let me know! They are either really nice in Bunnings or they thought I looked incompetent at being in such a place, I got asked twice by very nice people if I needed a hand. I'm inclined to go with the theory that they were nice!
Right, must be nearly time for sleepies, I have packed my gear for swimming, ironed my work clothes and organised my lunch and breakfast.
Quote for the Day:
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
- Rita Mae Brown

1 comment:

Neets_ said...

You achieved heaps yesterday. The people at Bunnings are always checking to see if you're ok. I wish other shops would do that. I know you can't find anyone at Rebel when you need them.

I spotted a couple of Daffi's in the garden yesterday which always lifts my spirits, and saw some more along Bealey Ave coming to work. Bring on the lighter warmer days :)