Monday, August 11, 2008

I've been slack

Well slack at blogging anyway! I guess if I'm going to feel not so motivated about something its better to be about the blog than the training!
Last week was an easy week anyways so not a lot of excitement going on. Quite seriously the most exciting thing I did was buy new togs, mental notes to stay away from adidas ones as both pair have crumbled under the pressure of regular use, having said that it appears I may have been washing my togs too frequently so there you have it. Really more exciting stuff did happen, I got to zip down to Dunedin for a day for work which meant I missed spin on Wednesday, never mind, I texted through my request for a hard class while I was enjoying a wine in the Koru Lounge! heheee
Running club was mean last week, 14kms of hills on a weeknight, now thats cruel! And I forgot to put my compression tights on for some reason and thought all was well until I ran again on Thursday and then my legs certainly let me know that they thought running was a cruel joke, luckily only had to run for 40mins though.
Saturday saw Kalina and I head to the plantation in the snow for a chilly 40min run! It was nice, very cold and slushy but nice! Then off to the pool for a swim, loving that QE2 is 50m lately, much easier for counting lengths. Then a soak in the spa to warm up before Kalina and I headed off to Dressmart for a spot of shopping! Ohhh too many sales and too little time! I did manage to buy the nicest dress for $40 down from $280!
Long bays with the lads on Sunday, it was brrrr coldies to start with but nice once the frost thawed a little. The boys are kind and let me sit in on the way out on the flat and waited on the hills for me. Thank you kind boys if you happen to read this :)
Quote for the Day:
Love is an electric blanket with someone else in control of the switch.
-unknown

No comments: