Sunday, July 20, 2008

33 weeks to go

Yep, thats right! Only 33 weeks left until the big IM. Yes it may be sad that I know these things but hey I'm not quite at the counting sleeps stage, that will come tho! Right now there's far too much going on to be doing that just yet.
It's been a pretty quiet week this week being an easy week. Well an easy half week, still not sure which part of the 2 hour run followed by spin was sposed to be the easy part, yes I will move on from that eventually, actually tho I am quite keen to do it again cos it was fun :)
On the downside I may have a minor knee injury from all that hill running, mainly the downhill running I think. While running downhill is easier, it does put a bit of pressure on the old knee joints. I was fine at the time but on Thursday am when I walked the dog it felt a little niggly, it was fine when I was at work wearing heels however. I have spent some quality time on the couch over the last few days with a trusty bag of frozen peas on my knee followed by some elevation and have been wearing my compression tights as I don't have a compression bandage. It is feeling heaps better so that is good and it was fine on todays ride so that is even better.
Swam at QE2 again on Thursday night, I need to not watch the Tour de France on Thursday morning and go swimming at Centennial instead cos I'm not really into swimming after work and I think I really prefer Centennial now. Ohhh discovered why guys may have been introducing themselves to me at the pool.... seems my togs have worn through quite quickly! Let's hope that has only happened in the last few days, they are now in the bin! I was pretty unimpressed at how quickly I can kill a pair of togs!
Did short bays with the boys, blondie and Kalina today which was nice. I like the enforced coffee stops on my weekend rides! It was a tad chilly when we first headed out, this wasn't helped by the fact that the dog has chewed up my only pair of long fingered cycle gloves. I guess I just pretend it is warm from now on. Short bays was great tho, I haven't actually ridden just short bays in a while so it was a nice ride to do today.
Quote for the Day:
It is an equal failing to trust everybody, and to trust nobody.
- English Proverb

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

As soon as I saw your blog title I said to myself 'oh no that better not be ironman' and hey it is!!!! jeepers girl! Don't you just get scared of that? I hate feeling the tick tick tick of time passing me by all the time. It increases my heart rate, makes me feel sick, and oh....scares me s***less! It scares me so much, because I can't run at the moment, so knowing there are now 33 weeks to go just makes me want to go and vomit, so thanks for that ;)

Your training sounds to be all on track though which is good...just watch that knee! Oh I know all about little niggles....just be really careful when running down those hills :)

Rebecca said...

Oh and another thing....I will stick with knowing how many days away it is (and I don't even know that for sure)...actually i am still in months! :) and that's more than enough for me for now!

wilier gurl said...

Ohh poor Bec, you know that thing at the top of my blog page is actually the countdown in days.... only 230 to go now :) Woohoo, bring it on I say! It excites me so I am all good with the countdown, I usually freak out in the last week!

Nadia MacLaren said...

with 4 weeks to go and you guys will just be wishing you can just get it over and done with...

Rebecca said...

Yeh I just ignore your countdown hehe for the same reasons as I said above ;) It just scares me too much :( oh dear...imagine what I will be like in the last week!!!! Oh gosh...doesn't bear thinking about really!

PaulaR said...

eek i remember doing a similar countdown last year! ok, so the event wasn't quite as big.

we have our accommodation all booked, just need to do the flights now :-)