Monday, July 14, 2008

Good Deeds

How does it go? Something about doing a good deed a day? Well, I seem to be clocking up the good deeds at the moment in a random kind of way. Yesterday's good deed was a combined effort with Geoff. We had popped down to the Palms to the supermarket and the car we pulled up beside had the keys sitting there in the drivers door! Eek, how would you feel! We umm'ed and aah'ed about whether we should do anything or not. We decided we had better cos it would truly suck to come back to no car! So we locked the car up and left a note saying what had happened and left my cell number saying we were just in the supermarket and if they texted or called we would run out with their keys. Anyway, we get back to the car about 20mins later and no-one had turned up or contacted us and the note was still there. Now what to do, they could be at the movies or anything and it was just after 6pm so the mall was shut. So another note and I went in and told the folk at the Customer Service desk at Woolworths what had happened and they were happy to hold onto the keys. So, hopefully the person turned up, read our note and got there keys back from Woolworths. Better that than no car we figured.
Then today, I was being good and took the big flash red limousine (the bus) to work. I was finishing work at 6.30pm so checked the bus timetable before I left cos standing on Lichfield St for ages isn't my idea of fun. Anyway I had 5mins to get downstairs and down the street so heaps of time. Hmm, about 15mins later I had just given up and called Geoff to come and get me when the bus finally turns up so I decided to bus since it was there. Anyway I hopped on and the lady bus driver asked me if I knew the bus route cos she didn't and apparently neither did anyone else on the bus! No wonder it was late! I said that I knew it as far as my place, so I was nice and sat at the front and talked her through the way home, I even had to point out where the bus stops where when people pushed the buzzer! Poor thing, she reckons she only drives that route about once a month and it can't be easy in the dark, some of those bus stops are nearly impossible to see.
So 2 days, 2 good deeds, thats kinda cool and hopefully I've helped some people along the way :)
Quote for the Day:
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
- From Moulin Rouge

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you are a good girl with all your good deeds - you will be rewarded :-)
Paula

Jill said...

"the lady bus driver asked me if I knew the bus route cos she didn't and apparently neither did anyone else on the bus!" = this cracks me up! 1)Is the bus companies policy throw them in and see if they swim?, and 2) did the people on the bus not know where they wanted to go? Did they just get on a random bus and hope that it was going their way? Still smiling :-)

Nadia MacLaren said...

hey the same thing happened to me today. The car in the car park next to me had its keys in the lock. Though it was a parking building so I just told the attendant at the exit, and they took care of it.
I have been known to leave the key in the ignition, but the lock?? that's just weird.

wilier gurl said...

Crazy eh re the bus thing but I went with the theory that must people on the bus tend to zone out reading a book or listening to their ipod, also if they never drive they wouldn't necessarily know the streets that well, the bus travels the same way that I drive/ride to work so I know it quite well. My less generous theory is that the other people on the bus were just being mean to the lady which isn't nice!