Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The List

Haha you guys are funny! After I read the first couple of posts I thought I better post the list or I'll never hear the end of it. Sorry it took so long, some of us have a job and umm some training to do for the thing in March. So to answer some of your questions: No Paula there are no cupcakes on or near the list however if you want to bring some to Taupo that would be ok, Rachel yep the pantry really is that big but the fridge lives in there as well and strangely I never find anything in there that I really want to eat and nope no 'blah blah blah's on the list either.
Here it is, it is a work in progress and will be added to as time goes by, it is specific to me so if anyone else is doing IM then some stuff may work for you but maybe not so don't think you need to be doing any or all of my weird and wonderful things.

  • Enter IM
  • Enter Half IM
  • Enter Harbour Ride
  • Enter Physio Med Tri’s
  • Enter Timaru triathlon
  • Enter Oceanswim
  • Enter Corsair Bay Tri
  • Enter Xmas Cracker Tri
  • Enter Palmy North ½ Marathon
  • Book flights to Palmy
  • Book flights to Taupo
  • Arrange accommodation for Taupo
  • Organise bike bag/box for Taupo
  • Start using Powerbar products
  • Sell wetsuit
  • Buy new wetsuit
  • Buy new tri-suit
  • Write race plan
  • Write nutrition plan
  • Book the dog into the kennels
  • Write the ‘what-if’ plan with solutions

10 comments:

PaulaR said...

golly, you have a lot of events to enter!

Nadia MacLaren said...

I'm disapointed, I was expecting a to do list for the actual day :)

wilier gurl said...

Yep heaps of events eh! Crazy isn't it!! All good tho, lots of warm up events before the big day. Nadia - I will add that to my list of things to do! First on the last will be - no backing out!!

Rachel Harris said...

Okay, I have to ask, what's the attraction of doing a Half Marathon in Palmerston North?

wilier gurl said...

Hey Rachel, a couple of things make it sensible to do a Half Marathon in Palmy.....really! Geoff's brother lives there so free accommodation, he comes down and does the ChCh one every year and his partner and him are doing the Palmy one as well. It is cheaper to fly to Palmy than Sydney and prob cheaper than petrol to Dunedin which was the other option. I need to do a half marathon sometime between now and the half Ironman with enough time to recover before the half Ironman. See quite sensible really :)

Rachel Harris said...

Makes perfect sense - it sounded rather random but I can see the logic!! I thought if it was a timing thing (like you needed to do one around that time of the year - August isn't it?), then I didn't want you to think you had to go all the way to Palmy to do one if you weren't aware of the Timaru (Masters Games), Tai Tapu or Sri Chinmoy jobbies that are coming up. Enjoy your Palmy outing! :D

wilier gurl said...

Cheers ears, the original plan was to go to Sydney with the goals but its a tad expensive when I need to spend $$$ going to Taupo. I was thinking of doing the one at Masters Games, not so keen on the Sri Chimnoy ones as I'm pretty sure they do laps in Hagley Park - that wouldn't be very inspiring methinks! I recently found out there is one in Oxford sometime around then as well.

Rachel Harris said...

That's right, the Oxford one is coming up, plus the Woodbourne Half in Blenheim is in August. So many halves, not enough time!

Clare said...

Pity you couldn't come to Dunners to keep me company but given a choice I'd be running further north too.

wilier gurl said...

Hey Clare, oohh I hadn't thought about the fact that you would be doing Dunners! Scary tho when ya think its actually going to be cheaper to fly to Palmy than drive to Dunedin....

Are you still planning to do the half IM in Ashburton this year?
Nades