Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ginger Meggs...wow!

You may or may not know that I recently won a voucher from Slynkey.com for a cut and colour at Ginger Meggs. I finally got around to booking in the other day and headed off there this evening and had an amazing experience! Mike Hamel cut my hair, he is one of the best hairdressers around and is a pretty nice guy and certainly knows his stuff!! I didn't really have any idea what I wanted done so was pleased that he had some great ideas straight away. One of the colourists, Nicole, spent about an hour putting foils in my hair (I think this is why I don't spoil myself at the hairdresser very often, I'm not good at sitting still for long periods!) and she did an awesome job. I'm very impressed at how the foils work in with my natural colour, when she dried my hair off before it was cut it looked a gizillion times better before the scissors even went near it! Interesting having your hair cut dry as most hairdressers cut it wet, so that was new. Mike seemed to kind of fly at my hair with the scissors and before I knew it I looked stunningly different, I was blown away at how easily he gave me a new look. We had a chat about looking after my hair properly since I am swimming so much, luckily it somehow seems to be in ok condition. I bought some rehab conditioning cream to put on my hair prior to swimming which should protect it from the chlorine, Mike said they are developing a wax to use which will work really well for those of us who are into swimming etc, it should be out by summer, so thought I would do a wee bit of PR seeing as how this question gets asked semi-regularly on the tri forums. You can buy Mike's products online via their website, they are pretty reasonable prices too, on a par with other salon products. My only wish now is that I could afford to go there all the time for my haircuts! I know I would look fab if I did!!
Ohhh and I was even naughty and ditched a training session to go for my haircut! Gosh I felt like it was such a girlie excuse, I never ditch training sessions and certainly not for something like a haircut! hehee, oh well, it was worth it :)
I need to add to this again, I keep up dating this blog! I just wanted to say that all the staff at Ginger Meggs realy seemed to enjoy there work, they were all happy and fully engaged in what they were doing. It was nice to see them helping each other out when they had a few free moments etc. All good things to see when you are a new/potential customer! Very impressed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well where's the photo? I'm sure you look absolutely fabulous. They have a terrific reputation.

As I was reading I was wondering what happened to spin, though I must have the dates mixed up.

You deserve to spend some time on yourself for this type of thing.

Now I have to wait till I next see you to check out the fantastic new "do".

wilier gurl said...

Hiya, there is a pic there, I can see it, I even viewed the blog from a diff browser and its there. It is also on my facebook page :) It was spin that I ditched to get my haircut, I emailled Richard to tell him and he indicated that I could do spin on my own but I had to resist the temptation, afterall it might have ruined my hair!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, there it is. I was having troubles this morning with my connection. Maybe it couldn't load the pic.

Wow, wow, wow! One hot Chick!