Sunday, July 6, 2008

The rest of the week...

Ohh I have been a slack wee blogging girl eh! Here's a quick catch up:
I went off to Wellington on Thursday for work. OMG, flying into Welly was terrible!! Super bumpy and not fun at all, I am an ok flyer but that one had me a tad worried! There were a few green looking people getting off that plane. You know its bad when the pilot says that it is unsafe for the stewardesses to serve your water and muffin. So a very busy day in Wellington, gosh they drink more coffee than I do, I normally just do one coffee a day but try and make it a decent one, so 4 coffees later and I was still buzzing that evening! Tania (who went to Wellington with me and is also doing IM) and I went for a run along the waterfront that evening, it was lovely mostly. It was beautiful and warm, well compared to ChCh it was. It was the first time in ages that I have run without jacket, gloves and hat on. It was however rather windy as you would expect when in Wellington, it was very nice on the way out with the wind at your back and a whole lot less nice with the wind in your face on the way back. Looking up at all those lights when running back was just stunning however! It almost made up for the wind. Had a nice quiet evening in the hotel room watching telly, very boring but nice to have some time to myself and to sleep with a bed to myself and no dog stretched out across my feet and legs. Managed to catch up with Jill for lunch on Friday which was nice as it was only the second time we have met yet have been chatting to each other online on a number of different sites for a few years now.
Yesterday I took the dog for another run in the plantation, he knew where we were going this time and was super excited about getting in the car and was bouncing around all the way there which isn't that clever of him as it's not easy to focus on driving when he is doing that. We ran the 10km blue track today rather than my normal random effort of just following trails till I have had enough before turning for home. He was a good boy again, he did try and follow a couple of guys who had passed me so I had to keep calling him back until they were far enough away for him to leave them alone. Today was sposed to be a 4 hour ride followed up with a 15min run, well the weather was shite yet again so I stayed in initially and watched the Tour de France replay, by then the weather was almost respectable so headed out with the boys convincing myself that a ride to Sumner and back for coffee was almost like a 4 hour ride.....it works if you have a good imagination, really it does, I feel that I visualised 4 hours of riding! Oh well, at least I did the 15min run off the bike and took the dog for a run at the same time! Better than nothing and in the middle of winter not many training weeks are going to go perfectly!
Quote for the Day:
It requires wisdom to understand wisdom; the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
- Walter Lippmann

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yep welly has had a mild winter thus far...but trust me, this weekend was crazy! I had ice on my gloves when out running last night....ICE! We have finally got the icy blast....:) tell me about winter training weeks not going well...mine are crappppp-o at the mo!