Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Coffee Thing

So whats with this coffee thing you ask? Well, it's the thing I need/want to have everyday. I was going to say that it is my 'nirvana' then I Wikipedia'd it and decided that word doesn't really fit the bill. Hmm how to describe to non caffeine people just how good that coffee is, that first whiff of the freshly ground and roasted beans, the perfectly steamed milk blending with the espresso to make the most heavenly tasting thing ever. It is just divine! Well when you get a good coffee it is, when you don't then yeah not so much. I am pretty good these days and usually restrict myself to one coffee a day, the folk at the Coffeesmiths on Cashel St know me by name and make my coffee without me even having to order it, this can cause problems as when I buy coffee elsewhere I actually have to stop and think about what coffee I drink! I do feel sorry for my regular baristas as they always get to see me pre-coffee which isn't always a good thing! So interesting experience on Thursday where I spent the day with people who also appreciate the fine art of coffee yet drink a lot more of it than I do! Thursday involved no less than 4 coffees so I was buzzing for quite sometime which was most entertaining but possibly a good thing seeing as how I had been up since 5am. On Friday I decided that having that much coffee again might not be so smart so I managed to whittle it down to 3, 2 during the day and another at the airport before flying home, I really needed that one, I was starting to feel pretty zoned out by that stage. So along rolls Saturday and I get up, eat breakfast and head out for my run, when I get home I am feeling a bit cranky and all I can put it down to is caffeine withdrawal! How funny is that?! I'm wondering, is it really possible to notice the effects of less caffeine after only increasing it for 2 days? Maybe, maybe not. To put it all in perspective I will have 2 coffee days about 1-2 times a week so it's not as if it was total off the wall to have extra coffee, but I was still noticing it today so today became a 2 coffee day as well. I have even managed to join the Caffeine group on Facebook! Such is life!

4 comments:

Rachel Harris said...

Sigh... I just don't get you coffee drinking lot! I've tried to think of what my daily fix would be, but I don't think I have one! My mother once told me that I'd grow up one day and learn to like coffee. She was wrong. I'm just not a hot-drink sort of a person. :D

Jill said...

Oops! Sorry for encouraging your addiction on Friday ;-)

wilier gurl said...

Hehehee Jill its all good I don't need much encouragement to go for coffee :)
Rachel, I think I feel sorry for you as you have missed out on the coffee loving gene! Never mind, I will have your share so it doesn't go to waste :)

Rebecca said...

Let me have some of Rach's share too! I drink coffee....I loooooove it. I had to limit myself to one a day though...cos I was starting to drink too much, and get all anxious etc, and my wee heart would go racing! I love hot drinks...yay I am a grown up ;) hehe yeah right, if that's all it took!