Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I have my running mojo and I like it

Ohh I do like to run! Well I do now! Ah tis funny how times change, I used to refuse to run but now I love it and am almost gutted that I don't get to run again until next Tuesday! Went to the Marathon Clinic again last night, I am now a fully paid up member, anyone see that coming?? Was another fun night of hill running, this time up Hackthorne to the Takahe, every time I bike up there I see people running up and think ohh that looks hard, well it is hard in case you were wondering. So other than walk/running the hilly part the rest of the run was sweet, no walking anywhere. That's a huge improvement for me and the hills are starting to feel easier after only a few weeks which is great. Then today I was lucky enough to get to do a 2 hour run before going to spin class! I went onto mapmyrun last night to work out where I could go as I was planning to run from spin, I mapped out a run between 17-18km (here tis) starting from Pioneer stadium. I was a bit surprised that the Halswell Downs were so close, I thought it was about 10km but no! So lucky I mapped it out first or I wouldn't have gone far and then had to meander round working out where to go to increase my run. Again other than walk/running the uphills I ran the rest and had an awesome time out and about in the afternoon, its nice to have the occasional afternoon off work so you can do stuff like this. Spin was a bit challenging, we do these pyramid thingees which are pretty blimmin' hard and my legs gave out half-way thru but seemed to come right after a quick break so that was good, hard tho! Richard has this thing about taking hard pills, I think it all started back when Darryn introduced us and told Richard I needed to harden up and some hard pills would do the trick. I figured today's session was going to need some extra hard pills so was stoked to find giant sized jelly beans at the supermarket last night and took some along for spin class this evening! Hehehee
Quote for the Day:
Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical
- Yogi Berra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic Nadine. A two hour run before spin. Wow. Good on you. And no surprise to me that you joined the marathon running club ;-) I love to hear how much you're enjoying the training.