Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hmmm.... busy week!

This week has been hectic so its been kinda lucky that its been a lightish training week otherwise I don't know how I would have got anything done at all! I don't normally talk about work on my blog cos this isn't about work so this is just a quick snippet cos it's work that made it hectic and will do next week as well. My Team Manager has been away this week and I was asked to step up and act for her so it's been quite full-on as I have had my own team to look after as well, they have been awesome about the fact that they have barely seen me all week even though I was sitting at my own desk. I think I have attended more meetings and conference calls in the last week than I thought humanly possible but I have learnt heaps so that's pretty cool. The next part is I am off to Wellington on Thursday for 2 days to shadow the Team Managers in the Wellington Call Centre so that will be quite cool, it's been awhile since I have run along the Welly waterfront so am kinda looking forward to that.
Right back to the real stuff, I did manage to get all my training done this week, even rode to work a couple of days as well. Was a tad worried on Tuesday as it was sposed to snow and I was planning to run home from work, so had a back-up plan of running at lunchtime if it was still nice and then just busing home. Well by lunchtime it was pretty blimmin' nasty out there, wind, sleet and freezing cold! Oh well, if it was still like that at home time I was just going to pass on that run! It was pretty damn cold but not raining so I headed off with my gloves, beanie, 2 thermals and my running jacket, I even wore long tights for a change. Managed to strap my puffa jacket to my camelback so I wouldn't have to go without it! hehee
Ran with Nadia today which was cool, we ran up Harry Ells and then along the Summit Rd for a bit. I had been thinking of jumping onto the Crater Rim but it was gonna be pretty crazy on there with all the rain recently so we played safe and stuck to the road. It was pretty blimmin' windy up there today, nothing quite like having to hold your cap onto your hand while running. Am quite stoked that I actually managed to run to the top of Harry Ells today, normally I am a wimp and will find some reason or other to stop and walk a bit, it makes a difference having someone on your heels, I didn't even stop when my shoelace came undone.
Have decided that tomorrow is not going to be a good cycling day so suggested to Richard that another run would be in order rather than a mind numbing wind trainer ride, bless him for agreeing with me :) So I think I will head off to the plantation where there is a reasonable amount of shelter and I haven't been there for ages so that will be fun.
Finally, finally my new sports bra arrived in at Shoe Clinic and it is awesome, it is an Underarmour one and is super comfy and supportive and actually looks nice on, who knew that a sports bra had the ability to look nice! It's nice to wear a sports bra that fits properly as well, slowly but surely I'm replacing all that too big stuff. May have to order in another one now tho since I like it so much. Aah, money is only ever temporary in my bank account!
Quote of the Day:
Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.
- Lou Holtz

5 comments:

Jill said...

Busy girl! Hope we do get a chance to catch up in Welly next week.

wilier gurl said...

Hey yep that will be cool. I have to squeeze a flat run in somewhere but I reckon we should be able to manage a coffee or lunch or something :)

Rebecca said...

I hope that quote is untrue...have fun running around welly's waterfront...hopefully the weather will be nice to you!

wilier gurl said...

Hey Bec, don't take the quote thing too seriously, its all a bit of fun and light entertainment really :)

Rebecca said...

hey i know...but i tend to blab a lot, and i already think no-one really cares at times! wah wah is that self pitying or what. Anyway,i love your quotes...YAY. hope the weather improves from today when u come...this is shite!