Thursday, June 12, 2008

Phew nearly Friday...

Blimies, another week nearly done and dusted!Yet another whirlwind of a week as they all seem to be at the moment, not sure how I am going to cope when the training levels start to pick up! Oh well, cross that bridge when I get to it I spose. I started reading a book on time management today, someone kindly left it on my desk a few months ago so I figured it was about time I looked at it, let's face it I could do with the help managing my time at work and home! So far I have read about half the first chapter and promptly remembered about something I could do (didn't need to do but could cos it was more fun!) and put the book down! Hmmm, so far not so good. I have bought it home so you never know, after I procrastinate a bit longer I may actually start reading it again, who knows I may even learn something!
Had to do a 5km TT run in training this week, I decided not to do this at Hagley Park this time cos quite frankly that park and I are not mutually compatible! Luckily I now have all these nifty km markers on the road right outside home, thanks SBS marathon :) So I meandered down the drive and did a bit of a warm up down to the nearest marker. It was a tad tricky trying to see the markers in the dark, I was carrying my bike headlight as a torch so that helped some. I managed to see enough to hit the lap timer on my watch at each marker which was cool and when I downloaded it my times are very consistent so that is kinda cool, makes me think that at least I didn't go out too hard then blow up! So ran out 3km, back 2km and warmed down on the way home. Not a stellar time but still heaps quicker than anything I used to churn out so can't really complain eh!
Had some interesting times in the pool this week. Apparently there has been 'lane rage' at Centennial Pool lately. I now understand why, some people just do dumb stuff in the pool! An older guy was being particularly annoying the other morning, he kept swimming on the right (I think to try and avoid the 2 of us when we were passing him) but it was more frustrating than anything. I decided to say nothing and just keep my eyes peeled for what he was up to so I didn't crash into him. Luckily a lifeguard saw what he was doing and had firm words with him and got him to change lanes which was nice. Then today I was swimming with nice people and we were all courteous to each other and it was all fun, one guy who I had talked to a few times even introduced himself and shook hands this morning while we were standing at the end of the pool.
Went off this afternoon and bought myself odd things such as a whistle and survival blanket for our trek around Cheviot to do the Rogaine event on Saturday. I think last time I was ever in a camping store I would have been a wee kid and mum and dad would have been buying stuff for the caravan or something, aah the memories!
Quote for the Day:
We're women. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it.
- from Sliding Doors

No comments: