Thursday, June 19, 2008

Practical Jokes and other random things

Now maybe just maybe I have played the odd practical joke on people in my team from time to time, you know, fun stuff like packing up their desk and hiding their stuff while they are on a weeks leave - it helps if you drop in some hints such as 'I might make some seating changes while you are away'. Other fun things included ransoming off my managers coffee cup as he kept leaving it in random places, we managed to score 2 weeks of mufti from that effort! So it was payback time this week....
Bless them! I keep getting given a hard time about how many pairs of shoes I have at work on any given day. Basically I keep 1-2 pair at work all the time in case I can't fit shoes in my bag with all my swim/bike/run kit or in case I forgot to take shoes to work (yes, that has happened!). If I am running home I have to have my running shoes, if I am cycling or going to spin I need my cycle shoes and my swim fins apparently count as shoes and these have been living at work lately as I have been swimming at Centennial. I think the most pair I have had at work on any one day is 6! Not bad eh! So my team ganged up on me, they even asked me not to come to my own team meeting so they could plot! They all brought in 1-2 pairs of shoes each and laid them around my desk before I came in in the morning and put up a sign suggesting that they may well all be mine....... I obviously have feet that change size during the day! Without giving me any clues I had to match the shoes back up with their rightful owners, that was a bit challenging at times as they had managed to coerce other people to also loan their shoes for the occasion. I bribed with lollies which helped!! Finally managed to get them all sorted! The little darlings even told the boys at Coffeesmiths so when I went down for my morning coffee they were laughing at me as well! Revenge will be sweet, I'll keep you posted :)
Random things
Hmmm, little dogger has been very good for quite sometime after going through quite a destructive wee chewing phase, I'm talking chewing the plug off the iron, gnawing the edges of wooden chest, eating a pair of cycle shoes, you know the type of thing. Anyway he reversed all his goodness today although he was left with some prime opportunities! The kitchen drawer where the gladwrap etc lives was left open and its at perfect dogger height so someone took out the gladwrap, tinfoil and anything else he could find and managed to chew and shred it all over the floor. He also managed to steal the bananas off the bench and eat about half of these. The laundry door was left open by accident so he went down there and managed to find a couple of paint rollers to shred. Gotta love 'em eh!
I've become one of those people! You know the ones, the ones that wear their HRM watch all the time! I only ever used to wear mine when training but now I have a prettier Polar one I wear it all the time, I even sleep in it so it is easier to take my resting HR in the morning. I have a beautiful gold dress watch and I very rarely wear it now. The fun thing about the Polar is that when I get bored in meetings etc I can play with it and check out the exercise details etc stored in it.......
Quote for the Day:
If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying.
- Coleman Hawking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheh naughty dogger! Gotta love them though when they give you that I'm so innocent look :) When Copper was a pup we left hm alone for a couple of minutes, came back and he had eaten a hole in the couch!

ange said...

Oh Nades, that is so funny aobut your work mates, we have one of YOU at our work, very schemey wee madam, we are trying to figure out how to get her back - as we have shared computers terminals, you sometimes leave yourself logged on, she then sends messages to other docs at work from you, telling them how much you like them and can they met you for a drink!!! OMG very embarrasing. Also she sent some incontinent products to one of the other girls at home with a schelude visit from the incontinent nurse! But the biggy was ringing the surgical registrar and telling him there was a patient coming in with a 'gerble' up their bum - unfortunately the surgical consultant was next to him when she phone and took over the phone asking all sorts of questions, she then had to confess that it was a joke and he came down to ED to complain to our consultant, who had to keep a straight face and tell her off - any suggestions on payback would be greatly appreciated :)