Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Run, run, run...

Aah to run is such fun!
Running is one of those random things that either seems to go really really well or it just sucks! I never used to know this cos I never ever used to run! Ahh the good old days....not!
Today was one of those days where I run home from work, now I can get home from work in under 40mins but had to do an hour run today so knew I would have to lengthen out my normal trek home. Was on track to leave work at a reasonable hour so that I could start running while there was still a little daylight. Well that plan went to the shizz and I think it must have been nearly 5.30 by the time I got away, so nice and dark and very very cold out! Not feeling so motivated now! Luckily running home is one of the few times I wear my ipod for running, mainly cos I wear it on the bus in the morning so that I can just zone out on the bus and smile to myself like this morning when this weird lady kept giving me the evils for some reason, I just smiled at her, I think that may have annoyed her! hehehee
Anyway, had a wicked run home! Goal for today's session was no walking. Now for some of you that is a pretty easy goal, for me not so much. I am your classic run/walker, not really sure why but I find it hard to keep going! Except tonight! Ok, I did stop at the red lights, there was surprisingly few of them today tho. Sorry but there is no way I am jogging on the spot at the lights, thats just stoopid and you look like a right plonker! I just felt good today and really enjoyed myself even though it was dark and a bit creepy out, luckily there's not many peoples out and about so you still feel nice and safe which is good. Once I was on the course for the ChCh marathon I starting recording the km splits on my HRM, that was good to look at after and see how consistent my pace was, it wasn't speedy but then you wouldn't expect that half-way through a low intensity run, the times were real consistent though which I'm happy with so thats cool.
Quote for the Day:
We're women. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it.
- from Sliding Doors

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nades, good work on the run home today :) It must be a bit nerve wracking in the dark, but I guess you get used to it!