Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The things we do...

...in order to get ready for training or to get our training done.
Some mornings seem like such a mission whereas others seem quite lazy. Take this morning for example, I get up just after 6, go walk the dog, pack up all my gear for work and swimming, oh and did I mention that I was biking to work as well? Bike into work, lock my bike up, drop my helmet and lunch at my desk, stop and laugh at Mark in my team who is all confused cos we packed his desk up on Friday and put a welcome note on it for someone else, cos he was away on a course last week. I may have also hinted that I was thinking of making some seating changes, hehehee was funny to see him looking all worried momentarily! Walked to Centennial pool, oops had to take a detour downstairs to see Shirley at work and borrow $5 cos I managed to remember my wallet but had no eftpos card! Did my swim, bless the bimbo who decided to do breast stroke in the fast lane while 2 of us were doing kick with fins on! Had a shower and walked back to work. Realised that I needed to get up earlier and muck around less on days like this as it was now 9.20am and I was only just starting work and still hadn't had breakfast! Then off out again for my physio appt at 11am. Finally managed to go get my morning coffee after that, phew!!
Tomorrow is more of the same, I have spin after work tomorrow and since I have to drive across town to get there I take all my stuff to work yet again. So, get up walk the dog, drive my bike to town, walk my bike from my car to work to lock her up safely for the day, have to be there by 8am so I can leave on time to get to spin. Tomorrow I need to try and zap the car back thru the testing station as they failed her warrant on silly stuff the other day but hopefully Geoff has fixed her for me. Luckily they open at 7.30am and are only a couple of blocks from work. Then after work, back to the car with my bike, drive across to Pioneer stadium, get changed either there or at work, do spin, load the bike back into the car and then drive home again. So have spent what feels like half of this evening making sure I have breakfast and lunch ready to go, drink bottles on my bike, clothes ironed for work and gear organised for spin.
I never ever thought I was capable of being organised to this level, it's craziness! Imagine the chaos if I wasn't tho?? The poor dog would never get walked! As it is he only ever seems to get walked in the dark as that seems to be the only time I am ever home. Crazy as all this running round can seem at times I wouldn't change it for the world. When people ask me why I do it, I simply smile and say, 'because I can' :)
Quote for the Day:
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
- Unknown

No comments: