Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Funday!!

Phew definitely did the right thing not cycling today, sure it wasn't peeing down like it was yesterday but the roads were so wet it may as well have been raining. So off to Bottle Lake Forest with the dog for a 90min run after a bit of faffing about to find him a dog tag with my address and phone number on it in case he disappeared off into the distance never to be seen again. Poor wee bugger, just about everything he has is second hand, from his toys through to collars, leads and now his wee ID tags. I was a little nervous about this whole running with the dog thing as I normally run him on the lead but I wasn't really looking forward to having my arm pulled out of its socket for 90mins!! There was a surprising number of cars in the car park when I got there so I figured I would play it safe and start off with him on the lead while he burnt off some of his energy, I wasn't very keen on the thought of him knocking over any wee kids in his excitement! That was all good, we jogged off nicely and were doing pretty well, my arm wasn't feeling overly stretched and we only managed to wrap ourselves around a few trees when we headed in slightly different directions! I very skillfully managed to fall over about 20mins into the run which was a bit spethial, now before you all start on about working on my propriception I am normally a'ok on rough terrain but was busy focusing on the dog and stumbled on a tree root, am quite pleased I still had my gloves on at that stage as I landed on both my hands, I will have some quite pretty bruising I think! Anyway, managed to drop the dog lead when I fell and was very impressed that Zac didn't take off, he turned round and came to check that I was ok. We sat on the nice wet ground for a few minutes feeling sorry for me then headed off. After that I took him off the lead and let him run free, he shot off like a rocket! He got about 30-40m away and slammed his brakes on and came running back which was cool! He kept doing wee loops and running back and forwards the whole time which was cool, he would get to the top of a hill and stop and wait so he didn't get out of my line of sight which was nice. I'm really impressed at how good he was, sometime he can be really annoying when he is all clingy but it makes it easier when you are out and about so that was cool. I did have some treats for him in my pocket and gave him some from time to time. He was good about seeing other dogs too, he just gave them a bit of a sniff and then ran up to me when I called him, no barking, growling or other silly business. Silly me though cos I thought I was running the trail that takes you on about a 10km loop around the plantation but nooo I managed to run what is my normal out and back, then lost the track and miraculously found the blue track which turned out to be the one I should have been on the whole time, bonus is I now know where the blue track starts so will run that one next time! Am pleased tho that I feel quite confident running in there, knowing how the avenues work so you can get back to the carpark is good. I saw when I was running that I went from Victor Rd to November Rd so knew I was going in the right direction so just relaxed and had fun with my boy!
Gosh I manage to piss around before heading off to do a run or something tho, I was up around 9-9.30 as Sunday is about the only day I get a bit of a sleep in and it would have been after 11.30 by the time I left home, I would periodically step outside and then pop in thinking, brrr its cold out there. I was kinda waiting for a Wimbledon replay to come on SKY but that was delayed and when it finally came on it wasn't the match I was hoping it would be anyway so I basically frittered away a couple of hours when I could have been out and about doing rather than just procrastinating! Never mind, I managed to find time to meander down to the mall and spend some money this afternoon. Nothing exciting tho, just more Immunoshield so I can keep avoiding colds and flu, some more work pants and bras courtesy of Farmers super cheap deals at their red dot sale!
Quote for the Day:
There is proof that God exists...who pops up the next Kleenex?
- Unknown

No comments: